From the faculty, staff and students of the Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design, we extend a warm welcome to our incoming first-year students and their families!
You are here because you have declared a major in one of our three disciplines: architecture, landscape architecture or interior design. The information you will find here is essential for you to review prior to your virtual advising appointment. Please complete each step in the order listed.
- View the welcome video from Dean Peter MacKeith.
- View the video “Introduction to the Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design.”
- View the video “Introduction to the Design Professions.”
- Complete the Pre-Advising Intake Form. (Not currently available)
- View the Orientation Presentation. (Not currently available)
- Log in to UAConnect using your UARK email credentials, and become familiar with your Student Center. (See these tips for help with UAConnect.)
- In UAConnect, release your pre-registration hold, if you have one. (See our FAQs for instructions.)
About your Advising Appointment
- Unless you indicated otherwise on the Pre-Advising Intake Form, your appointment will be conducted via Microsoft Teams. Download Microsoft Teams here.
- Theresa Parrish (First Year Academic Counselor) and Sheri Lynn Brown (Senior Academic Counselor) will both be present at the appointment with you.
- The appointment will last no longer than 20 minutes.
A few days before your scheduled orientation day…
- You will receive an invitation to your advising appointment in your UARK email account.
- Click "yes" to accept the invitation, even if your appointment will be conducted via telephone.
- If you haven’t already done so, view the four required videos (Steps 1, 2, 3, and 5 above.)
- Prepare questions you intend to ask during the appointment.
About five minutes before your appointment…
- Pull up your schedule on UAConnect.
- Open Microsoft Teams, and await your call.
If you have any questions after your advising appointment, contact your advisor, Theresa Parrish, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Questions? Check out our Orientation FAQs.
Helpful resources and links for incoming students:
How to Use Student Center in UAConnect
How to Enroll into a Class in UAConnect
How to Drop or Swap a Class in UAConnect
How to Use the Schedule Planner