From the faculty, staff and students of the Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design, we extend a warm welcome to our incoming first-year students and their families!
You are here because you have declared a major in one of our three disciplines: architecture, landscape architecture or interior design. The information you will find here is essential for you to review prior to your virtual advising appointment. Please complete each step in the order listed.
- View the welcome video from Dean Peter MacKeith and your department head.
Architecture Welcome Video
Interior Design Welcome Video
Landscape Architecture Welcome Video
- Review the Orientation guide to familiarize yourself with the Fay Jones School and your degree program requirements.
- Log in to UAConnect using your UARK email credentials and become familiar with your Student Center. (See these tips for help with UAConnect.)
- Complete the Pre-Advising Intake Form.
- View the Orientation presentation for the Fay Jones School.
- Release your pre-registration hold, if you have one. (See our FAQs for instructions.)
About your Advising Appointment
- Unless you indicated otherwise on the Pre-Advising Intake Form, your appointment will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
- Theresa Parrish (First Year Academic Counselor) and Sheri Lynn Brown (Senior Academic Counselor) will both be present at the appointment with you.
- Parents are welcome to join you.
- The appointment will last no longer than 20 minutes.
A few days before your scheduled orientation day…
- You will receive an invitation to your advising appointment in your UARK email account.
- Click ‘yes’ to accept the invitation.
- If your appointment will be conducted via telephone, click ‘yes’ to accept the appointment anyway.
- If you haven’t already done so, review the Fay Jones School's Orientation guide and view the Orientation presentation.
- Prepare questions you intend to ask during the appointment.
About five minutes before your appointment…
- Be prepared with your computer or phone for your advisor to call you to start the Microsoft Teams meeting.
After your advising appointment…
- Any remaining questions will be addressed via email. Please contact Theresa Parrish at email@example.com.
Questions? Check out our Orientation FAQs.
Helpful resources and links for incoming students:
How to Use Student Center in UAConnect
How to Enroll into a Class in UAConnect
How to Drop or Swap a Class in UAConnect
How to Use the Schedule Planner