Transfer Students

The Fay Jones School offers a top-notch design education at an excellent value — and our graduates have enjoyed a strong placement rate. Many of our students have transferred from other programs. You can, too.

In the Fay Jones School, the majority of our degrees are accredited professional programs, meaning they are the first step towards licensure as an architect, landscape architect, or interior designer after graduation. Our accreditation requires students to complete rigorous coursework in design theory and fundamentals, including design studio coursework that allows you to complete real design projects solving real world issues. Transferring into our majors can look very different depending on whether you’re transferring from an accredited design program at another institution, or if you are transferring from a non-design program or changing your major from another college on campus at the U of A.

Please start here by checking out our Transfer Guide

Questions? Contact us at

Additional Resources and Tools:

  • Admissions: Start here if you have not begun or completed an application for admission.
  • New Student Orientation: Students transferring to the U of A with fewer than 24 credit hours will need to attend New Student Orientation. Students transferring 24 or more credit hours can participate in Online Orientation instead.
  • Transfer Course Equivalency Guide: See how your courses will transfer from another institution.
  • Transfer Course Petition: Did a course not transfer as you expected? Petition for UA course equivalency with this form.
  • Onestop: Various campus resources, tools, and support services available to you as a U of A student.
  • Transfer Scholarships: Entering transfer students can apply for transfer-specific scholarships.
  • Fay Jones School Scholarships: The Fay Jones School scholarship application period opens every year on January 1 and closes on February 15.