Honors Program

Though any degree in the Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design requires years of rigorous study and studio work, some exceptional students seek experiential education that deepens classroom learning. The school's honors curriculum targets students interested in independent exploration of topics related to the natural and built environment.

The program, which is part of the University of Arkansas Honors College, is open to academically qualified students pursuing four-year studies and four-year and five-year professional degrees. Students may choose the Departmental Honors or the College Honors program. All honors students must complete an independent honors thesis during their final year in school.


  • Small discusssion groups
  • One-on-one contact with faculty members
  • Priority registration
  • Interdisciplinary honors seminars 
  • Undergraduate research
  • Scholarships, fellowships and grants that support tuition, room and board, computer purchases, international study, travel to professional conferences and other expenses
  • Graduate cum laudemagna cum laude or summa cum laude – a lifelong plus on the resume

Look here for more details on the overall honors program for the Fay Jones School and for specific details of the architecture, landscape architecture or interior design honors programs.

Admission Requirements and Applications

Entering Freshmen: 

      • ACT composite score of 28 or above, or a 1310 SAT (Critical Reading and Math)
      • 3.75 or greater high school GPA 

Continuing or Transfer Students:

      1. Earn a 3.5 or greater cumulative GPA in all course work while carrying a full academic load (applies to courses within and outside the U of A).
      2. U of A students who have already been accepted into an Honors Program in another college and are transferring to the Fay Jones School must have a 3.5 or greater cumulative GPA. 
      3. Applications will not be accepted from students who are within three full semesters of anticipated graduation date. 

Click here to apply as a continuing or transfer student.